Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thinking Makes It So...

I have two quotations pinned up on the wall of my "earn my daily bread" job's cube:

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our
thought. With our thoughts we make the world." ~The Buddha


"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them." ~Albert Einstein


And, on my calendar a post-it note that has been following the pages month by month for the past year or so. It contains one hand-written word: courage.


The two quotes and the one word are currently my touchstones to surviving daily life and creating art. Neither of which is easy but as any child or actor might tell you playing through both is very serious fun. Provided that you have the courage and awareness to stay in the moment with your thoughts as you make the world you want to live in. Child's play. Life's art. Adult's conundrum.